Saturday, February 23, 2008

Homemade Yogurt



So, for the past week I have been torturing Alicia with my slightly obsessive dreams of homemade yogurt. Not the frozen kind, but real, from scratch yogurt.  Well, yesterday my yogurt maker finally arrived!!!  I spent a couple of hours preparing the milk mixture, and then it takes about 10 hours for it to set.  The yogurt maker is essentially a low heat base with seven glass jars, and a lid.  I stayed up to 1 am for it to finnish.  Boy was it worth it!!!  I just made plain, since that is what we mostly eat, but it was so creamy, I could have ate the whole batch.  I restrained myself, and, instead, I made a big batch of lentil soup for lunch, and we had yogurt on top.  It could be a coincidence, but it was the best lentil soup I have ever made!!  Yum.  Now I can torture Alicia with obsessive thoughts of different flavor combos!  Don't they just look yummy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ya bring some with you so i can try it love ya mom