Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Forgiveness


This Christmas Eve has been one of reflection for me. A lot has happened this past year, which has completely changed my life, through which, my faith, has been both, strengthened, and challenged. Most recently though, I've been wondering about forgiveness.

This holiday, Christmas, the celebration of the birth of Christ, is essentially about forgiveness isn't it? Christ came to save us from our sins, to show us His grace, to forgive us, didn't he?

What are we supposed to learn from that? I googled forgiveness and Christ, and found many, many pages talking about getting forgiveness. Believe me, I am all about getting, and needing forgiveness, but what about giving it? What does it really mean to give forgiveness? And if we are willing to ask for it (repeatedly) shouldn't we be just as willing to give it? I think, in many ways that this is one of my major life lessons; getting and giving forgiveness. This week, I've had a major lesson in forgiveness.

So I step out, in faith, not forgetting- but doing my best to forgive, so that I can ask as I have given.

I forgive you.

Please God forgive me.

Merry Christmas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forgiveness is fighting beyond which I am able. You bless and amaze me. You honor God.