Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Friendship

I spent some time getting to know my new friend Denise today. It is always great fun getting to know someone new. We had so much fun, the day was gone before I knew it, but I didn't leave empty handed. I left full of friendship, and gifts to borrow including a new spindle, which I've already fallen in love with....




Check out the tiny yarn!!


Not to mention that she gave my Aaliyah some clothing from her girls. Most of it was a little big yet, but we had tons of fun with a fashion show tonight anyway.



She'll be fitting into them all before I know it.....sigh.

So many things to be grateful for, thank you Ms Denise. I read the bible back in the day, and I am sure I remember that it says somewhere in proverbs that in order for a man to have friends they must first show themselves to be friendly (my memory is a little rusty so I'm not sure the exact quote). But I knew that you would appreciate knowing that you have shown yourself to be friendly, and therefore have a friend in me. All the best...and cheers to new friendship.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is the biggest smile I've ever seen on my little girlfriend, she must have really enjoyed herself
mom

Anonymous said...

It was me! I was the one who had fun. I am so glad you came over and spent the day. We will do it again!

Oh, seeing those dresses, still loved. That makes me happy. That purple and black number is a family tradition. I call it a four generation dress: Nylah, Samarah, Hannah, and Raeah. Who would know that it could withstand a fifth with Aaliyah? As with friends, I love a dress that tells a story.

: )